Being a mother for the first time is a task in itself. Appropriate care is needed to protect the baby from any harm, be it health or physical. As the winter season has marked its beginning, you must focus on dressing the baby appropriately that he/she won’t catch a cold. So here we are going to discuss tips for dressing baby. You should cloth your baby to warmth and comfort depending on the time and place.
This process can be tricky in itself as you won’t know if they are feeling any discomfort in the clothing. So to help you with the wardrobe essentials for your baby, we have listed out useful tips for dressing up your baby in this chilly weather.
Top 10 Tips For Dressing Baby
- Put your baby to bed with no caps and fewer layers. If a baby gets overheated due to much clothing, there are higher chances of SIDS.
- Footed pajamas with a bodysuit are good to go along with a warm blanket that is not heavy as per the temperature of the room. Place your hand on the baby’s neck to make sure that he/she is not overheated.
- Microfleece is best for dressing baby. These sleep sets that cover up your baby to the toes are the best apparel in winter for your child. Avoid using too many layers of other clothing with this sleep sack as it would overheat the child.
- Hats are another add-on during winters. Do not place a hat on the baby while they are sleeping as the extra heat of the body needs to escape. Get a light weighted and warm hat for your little one.
- Warm car seat covers for the baby are correctly insulated and warm for the first cold months of winter. They offer comfortable seating for the baby and come in beautiful covers.
- If your baby is sleeping with you, he/she needs less clothing as the heat from your body is benefitting him/her. You won’t need to put layers while dressing baby for bedtime as you sleep together. A fleece sleeper or full-sleeved bodysuit is perfect for your kid while going to bed together.
- Check for the warmth the baby has by touching his/her toes. The belly should feel warm, and the toes should be ordinarily cold. It would mean that he/she is enough to warm. More layers are needed if the belly of the baby is cold.
- When you take your baby out with you, you need to put extra care into creating your own warm space for him/her in the stroller bag. Cover them to appropriate warmth so that they won’t feel captured in a bag.
- Cover your baby’s hands and head with caps and gloves so that they won’t catch a cold. Put hand covers or tug mittens for your baby’s hand to be warm.
- The wet and chilly winds should be avoided to reach the baby while in the stroller by the stroller covers.
Make use of these tips for dressing your baby for carefree winters.